Saturday, May 24, 2008

Stanley Cup Finals...


Listen,
The Stanley Cup Finals start TONIGHT. This is very very exciting. If you can not feel the excitement you are either dead or should be. The Stanley Cup is such an amazing trophy. I actually got to see it during the 2002 Olympics with my own eyes and touch it with my bare hands. It was a moment that I will never forget. Some of you reading this were there with me and know what I am talking about. Walking into the room where it was on display brought on a feeling of reverence and respect only felt in holy places... I almost felt like I should take off my shoes. For those who don't know the names of the winners are carved into the silver bands on the trophy. To see the names of current and former hockey legends was amazing. Words really can't explain how cool this trophy is. More info on the cup can be found here

Tonight the Pittsburgh Penguins will take on the Detroit Red Wings in game one in a best of seven series, for the right to hoist the cup and be champions just as my favorite player Joe Sakic has done in the past. It is amazing to see grown men shed tears of joy as the raise the cup and skate around the ice with it. It gives me chills...

So... who's gonna win? My money (well not real money, not that I find gambling wrong, in fact I won $10 playing slots on our last trip to California) is on the Pens. I believe they will win it in 6 games on their home ice. Which is really the best way to do it. So if you need me Tonight, Monday, Wednesday, Saturday and if necessary next Monday, Wednesday, and Saturday between 6pm and 10pm forget about it cause I'm watching hockey...
Go Pens!!!


2 comments:

Kristin Sokol said...

I went to a Hockey game once. I got a hot chocolate while I was there.

Kristin Sokol said...

Go Penguins! Beat that red team.