Wednesday, May 7, 2008

D'ohn't Bother Me

Listen,
And listen good:
If you are going to go up to the pharmacy, bypass the line of people who are patiently waiting their turn, talk over the center of the counter, interrupting the pharmacist from doing whatever he/she was doing and ask for some advice please DO NOT do the following...
Here was my conversation (italics indicate my responses)
Excuse me!
One moment please
Excuse me!
What can I do for you?
What is the best cold medicine?
Who is it for?
Me
What symptoms do you want to treat?
I want the best one!
That is determined by what you want to treat...
Everything
If you wait a moment I can come show you some options
(she them made that "tuh" sound that all women can make and do make whenever a man doesn't or isn't doing what they want or they aren't doing it fast enough...you know the noise...)

After finishing counting the prescription I was counting, for the second time since she had interupted me the first time, I went out to help.
Ok, so you have a cold?
I don't know, I have what's going around.
What symptoms do you want to treat?
All of them.
Ok, do you have a stuffed up nose?
Obviously
Are you coughing?
No (which by the way means she doesn't have "everything)
Do you have a runny nose?
No
So basically you just want to treat a stuffy nose
Yes
Ok, I'd recommend sudafed, do you have any blood pressure problems, or other medical conditions?
No, why?
Sudafed can increase blood pressure
Will it make me drowsy, it can't make me drowsy?
Actually it makes most people a bit more awake
Well, what about this one (as she picks up a generic Ny-quil)?
It has medications to treat a cough, runny nose and chest congestion, and it will make you drowsy.
Well, I think I'm going to get this one
I'm just letting you know that it will most likely make you drowsy.
Whatever

Then she walks away... I could've just slapped the stupid b#@$&

So, here is the lesson:
If you are going to ask the pharmacist for some advice you might want to listen to the advice that is given. I'm not saying that I am all-knowing, but for the love of man, don't waste my time if you are going to buy whatever the hell you were going to buy before I took the time to come out and help.
"I'm just sayin'"
Good night now

1 comment:

Kristin Sokol said...

Seriously...What is wrong with people? If the only thing she wanted was not to be drousy, even I know she chose the exact wrong medicine.

You may also need a sign that says..."Don't ask my advice unless you are willing to consider it."