Thursday, July 3, 2008

No Excuse

Listen,

I know that I have no excuse for going so long without a post. However, I just wanted to keep you all up-to-date on the goings on in my life...

It is currently 1 am and I do have to work tomorrow, which brings me to my first big reason that I have been busy... I officially have only 3 more days of work at my Sav-On Pharmacy located in your Albertson's. This may be sad news to a few of you, as my hatred of my job at Albertson's is really what sparked this blog (see some of my earlier entries.) As of Friday, the 11th of July I will begin what I hope to be an upgrade of a job/career at RxAmerica. My job title will be Specialty Pharmacist. I will be over the "specialty" products which include most of the really expensive injections and other medications that you hope you never have to be on. It is more of a desk job with more regular business hours. There are definitely pros and cons to leaving my current job and taking a new one, but I am excited (well mostly excited, somewhat scared) to take on a new job that will be more "clinical" and less "would you like fries with your Lortab."


We also got two kittens last week!!!! Despite the overwhelming poll results we decided to bring two Siamese mix kittens into our family. They were born on May 8th of this year. So they share a birthday with my brother Steve...lucky you. We have had them a week now and they are awesome. We got a brother and sister from the same litter, so they get along well together and they love to wrestle and play. Brady gets so excited around them that he literally quivers. We named them Juno and Bleeker after the Juno movie characters. Juno is in the pink collar and Bleeker is in the black one. It has been so fun getting to know them and having them get to know us. I know not everyone loves or even likes cats, but these are some awesome animals. Sorry to go all cat crazy there. I have always had a cat growing up and I guess I am a "cat person." I turn into a big softie around kittens.

Anyway, if you are a cat person too, come on over and see them...

Well, I better go get some sleep, only 3 more days dealing with the crazies...

Good night now


8 comments:

karen said...

We are so grateful and happy you are going to be working at Rx America. It is going to be a great change and upgrade in every way. Congratulations, Bob!

The kittens are absolutely adorable. They look so cute in their new fancy collars. They are already members of the family. We are so happy you and Hana and Brady have them to love. We love you too.

Kristin Sokol said...

Well Bob seems like you life is shaping up quite nicely. No more "Hello Mr. Pharmisist I'd like some advice to ignore." No more life with out kitties.

I'm not sure what this means for me and the rest of your blog groupies, but I hope you won't forget about us and what we've shared over the past few months.

BTW, your kitties are so flipping cute. They came to my house as part of a traveling exibit before they made there way home. Alyssa enjoyed them and since has talked about Brady and his new house and his new Kiwi's (Alyssa for Cats). She also asks if Brady has a new car. So maybe you should consider that too.

Thanks for the post...I can't believe you got someone from the Sokol clan to actually comment. Wow! You are truely amazing.

Hope you love the new job. Maybe I will get lucky and you'll work with some really annoying techs who you can blog about.

Hana said...

Those are the cutest kittens I have ever seen.

gina said...

Hey there. I was looking through all the people who have "Twilight" as an interest and came across your blog. If you are interested in any Twilight merchandise check out our website. Thanks!
www.twilighttshirts.com

Dave said...

I had a cat once, it was a siamese cat named socks. But really his name was stoopid on account of the cat climbing the neighbors tree and getting stuck all hours of the day and night, howling keeping people awake. It was great!

"Hello Mr. Pharmisist, I'd like some advice to ignore?" gotta love the ignorant and vain.

Misty Moncur said...

Remember that commercial of Psuedafed or something where that kid said, "I have athlete's foot, but it's on my back." That's what I think about when you go all postal about the pharmacy.

I work at the post office and did you know that if you say out loud the phrase, "I am going postal!" you will get fired? That's right.

I like your kitties. Know what I think about when it think about Siamese cats? That's right: Disney. "We are Siamese if you please. We are Siamese if you don't please. Now we lookin' over our new domicile. If we like, we stay for maybe quite a while."

Dave said...

Bob,

So I was listening to the radio on my way to work, X96 because they do a segment called things that must go, where people list their complaints and the radio hosts say them over the air. Sometimes it is really funny stuff. So today was about pharmacist's complaining about lame customers. Reminded me of your love for stoopid customers and there not so friendly manners.

Misty Moncur said...

If I were you I would call this What about Bob's Blog.