Sunday, July 13, 2008

Easy Like Sunday Morning???

Listen,

Where did that saying come from...whoever it was (damn Lionel Richie) that came up with it obviously didn't have 9am church and/or kids to get ready for said church (and I only have one child...can't even begin to imagine multiple children, though that will be reality soon)...

Anyway, I find myself awake early enough before 9am church to write a bit... strange I know.

...

As you may have seen I have decided to change the blog's name. Not all that exciting, but a change none-the-less. I took Kristin's advice and made it more "Bob-centric". I also took Dave's advise and took it out of your hands...you (the general public) really cannot be trusted....sorry. Dave is wise beyond his years...though I have no idea how old he is....sorry Dave.

Also, I started my new job on Friday...I will have a desk and a computer and a fully customizable, personalizable(apparently not a word)......cubicle.......never thought I'd be working in one of those, but I actually kinda like the idea. Not a whole lot to say about it yet (the job that is not the cubicle), but it seems pretty cool. More details to follow...that is if I get around to it... And not to worry Kristin, I will be ranting and raving if such actions are required/make me feel better...chances are pretty good knowing me and my personality.

Well, I hope your Sunday morning was as easy as mine (and Lionel's.)

Good morning now. (just doesn't have the same ring to it as "Good night now", but oh well)

6 comments:

Bob said...

Hana wanted to make sure that you all know that we were 10 minutes late to church because I was busy "doing that stupid blog thing" instead of helping her get Brady ready...

I asked her why she didn't ask me for help to which she responded: "I did...like twice; did you not hear me?" To which I responded: "Did you just say something?"

That did not go over well....oh well

Kristin Sokol said...

I just want the world to know that I liked Lionel Ritchie before his daughter got famous. I also like Nicole.

I agree 9am church is not fun. I am thinking of joining another church every third year just so I can have a more convienient wake up time.

How about this. Easy like Sunday morn when you are on vacation.

Dave said...

Lionel Richie, poor sap. As far as the 9 a.m. thing for Sunday goes.... let's pretend you have a calling in the church, say nursery. Let's just imagine 12 snotty, whinny, I don't know who woke me up but there is a 3" terd hanging on my butt that is iching me kids all being dropped off in your lap. Now lets all say, not that this has happened because I know with every fiber of my being that the church is true, and that nothing like this happens, but lets just say for now, that the other nursery class leader's don't bother to show up. Then let's just put all those three foot snot balls with eyes in your class? Why not? Yeah, 9 a.m. on Sunday sucks. Then let's say you want a bench for sacrement, let's say that after you get all the three foot snot balls to there respective mom's and dad's you finally get to venture into sacrement and worship but alas you get no bench with a soft seat for your over worked buns because of all the damn diper bags, keys, books, and what might be bums off the street paid to block spots for some brother bla bla bla or siser bla bla talking in the hallway. If the Church wasn't God's church I swear I'd be a Catholic.

Misty Moncur said...

I was going to say that you shouldn't leave a comment longer than the blog owner's original post, but then I read yours through, Dave, and it made me laugh, so...whatever. Moncur out.

Dave said...

yeah i too agree, got a little nippy over the pass eh Harr? Long winded but Bob is right, blogging can be more important then church, or helping with the kids!

Dave said...

Does church going get any eaiser in latter in life?