Monday, November 30, 2009

What a weekend...

Listen,

I am sure that everybody had a crazy weekend with Thanksgiving and all that.  Here is how mine went...

 

Wednesday:

See previous post about New Moon and In-n-out.  The movie started at 10:15 so we didn't get home until about 1:00 Friday morning.  What a way to start a busy weekend...

 

Thursday: 

Because I go to work early every morning, my shift starts at 7:30, my body thinks that I have to "go number one" at 7:00 whether I am working or not.  So, I woke up because I had to go.  I tried to be as quiet as possible, but half way through my going Brady stumbles into our bedroom.  I tried to convince him to go back to sleep, but he wanted to watch a show together.  He usually wakes up right after I leave or just as I'm leaving so he really likes it when he catches me home in the morning.  So we go down and put on a show and about an hour later Evan wakes up.  By the time my eyes were actually staying open without the aid of my (or Brady's) hands holding them open I was getting everything together to start frying my first turkey of the day.  I offered to fry a turkey for Thanksgiving at the Maxfield's feast.  Frying a turkey is pretty easy, but it does take some preparation and gathering of various supplies and ensuring that the turkey is adequately dry to enter 4 gallons of 450 degree oil.  One turkey down with no incident.  On to Thanksgiving feast #1 at the Maxfields.  Because Hana's parents and my parents live 2 or 3 blocks away we always get 2 feasts on the "feasting holidays."  It is really great, but it does take some skill to pace yourself at the first meal so you are not bursting at the seams (sphincters) by the time the second meal occurs.  I suck at doing this by the way.  After eating and resting a bit I was back on my way to my parents to fry turkey #2.  No major problems with this one either, but for some reason the oil wasn't heating back up to 350 after the turkey went in.  When I started to carve it there was a bit of rawness next to the bone, so we put it back in to bathe for another 10 minutes and it was perfect.  I ate WAAAAAAAAAY too much on Thanksgiving.  Including my breakfast slice of pie I ate while frying the first turkey I count 5 slices: 2 apple, 2 chocolate, and 1 pecan.  Delicious.  After the festivities we went home and were in bed by 10:00.  Unfortunately I could not sleep worth a darn (see above 5 pieces of pie).  I think the last time I looked at the stupid alarm clock was 12:37.  Stupid pie... (I don't mean that, I love pie, and would never want to offend it.)

 

Friday: 

The good news is that I didn't have to go to work on Friday.  Because we weren't expecting a lot of action, I was able to work from home which was really sweet.  I forgot to mention that a few weeks ago my parents' computer starting acting up.  Well it finally stopped altogether Thursday morning.  In between frying turkey and shoving pie into my face I was attempting to fix their computer.  I know just enough about computers to be really dangerous and break things.  So Friday I went with my parents to buy a new PC.  They were considering  a Mac, but I told them if they got a Mac they would have to call Jeff or Hay if they had any problems because I do not know anything about them.  They decided on a super nice HP with quad core processor, 6 gigs of RAM and a 23 inch monitor... thing of beauty.  I will be buying me next computer at Costco as well.  If you use your American Express they extend the 2-year Costco warranty to a third year.  That is totally awesome.  (I can say that because Totally Awesome Computers is no longer with us).  We got it set up and everything.  and I even made it home in time for dinner.  Not to mention we went to La Puente with Hay and Tim who are in from Colorado.  Note to self: avoid the Large Combination the day after gorging yourself on Thanksgiving.  That was not smart.

 

I think I better stop here.  I'll get to Saturday and the BYU vs Utah game another time... maybe.  If nothing else I want to say that I agree with Max Hall (my new idol) 100% in his feelings toward the University of Utah, the U of U Football team, and especially the fans:

 

You are classless and I hate you all.
Sincerely,

Bob



5 comments:

Kristin Sokol said...

Does anybody realize that Totally Awesome Computers always break down while those built at a factory usually just run until they are out dated? The lifetime service plan scares me, because it usually mean you would need a lot of service. All the computers I have bought at best buy haven't ever needed any service.

Dave said...

Well said, well done, great read, funny hummor in the actual thanksgivin' feast. That was totally awesome. Thanks for letting me read..... Can't wait for the B Y U comment.

Douglas said...

So then I'm classless and you hate me, I just wanted to clarify.

Bob said...

Kristin - my totally awesome computer was totally awesome for many years with no problems. Finally the power supply went out and had they been in business I would have had it replaced (for free) and been on my merry way. I refuse to go to PC laptops cause that guy makes Super Dale look like a normal person, so I decided to get my Gateway which has been nothing but one headache after another. I will never ever, ever, ever, ever buy another Gateway. I long for the days of my totally awesome computer.

Dave - I am mustering up the strength to write about BYU, maybe tomorrow, maybe not.

Doug - Just to clarify, you (Doug) are classless and I hate you (Doug)

Dave said...

I thought the totally awesome guy and the pc laptop guy were in kahoots. The totally awesome computers warranty was supose to be honored by the pc laptop guy. I don't care for eighter company. I get my loot at the Superior Computers guys. Good stuff. When I am desperate I check the KSL stuff, and when I need cash I pawn my KSL stuff, just sayin.