Wednesday, November 25, 2009

In-n-Out and New Moon

Listen,
Hana finally dragged me to the move theatre to see New Moon.  It helped that my little sister was in town for the Thanksgiving holiday.  I was also enticed by a pre-movie stop at the new In-n-Out.  More on that later, maybe.  

My thoughts on the movie: It was not a complete waste of time.  Some of the action sequences were pretty action-y.  I wondered how they would deal with the blank pages in the book and I really liked what they did.  The wolf pack was cool and the special effects were good.  This was Hana's third time seeing the film.  It will be a LONG time before I see it for my third time, but it was pretty good.  I liked it much better than Twilight.  If they keep getting better at this rate the last movie ought to be really good.  On a scale of 1 to 10, with 1 being Form Justin to Kelly and 10 being The Empire Strikes Back or Return of the King, I guess it gets a 6.  I enjoyed it more than I expected, but I am not anxiously awaiting my next chance to watch it.  I probably would give the first Twilight a 3, maybe a 4 depending on my mood.  I am glad I read the books though.  Without it I think I would have been a little (a lot) lost.  I have been going back and forth on whether I am on "Team Jacob" or "Team Edward" and after watching the movie I have made up my mind.  I am on Team Victoria. 

In case you were wondering my top 5 movies remain (in no particular order) The Empire Strikes Back, The Return of the King, The Matrix, The Return of the Jedi, and Strange Brew.

Now for my thoughts regarding In-n-Out:  It was kinda strange eating at In-n-Out within 15 minutes of leaving my house.  I have stood in lines at In-n-Out that have stretched out the door, but I have never froze my a$$ of while doing so.  That was kinda weird.  The food tasted just like it should.  The burger was fresh and very tasty, the fries were amazing, and scriptures on the fry trays were inspiring.  The real question is this: Do I see myself driving all the way to Draper for In-n-Out when I have to pass a Five Guys to get there?  The answer is probably not.  The second question is "Will I stop at In-n-Out every time I go to my brother Jeff's house?  He lives in Draper off the same exit as In-n-Out.  There is a good chance this will happen, maybe not every time, but often enough.  I am glad that they finally made it to Salt Lake. 

Until next time...

3 comments:

Jacquelynn said...

Your new yellow font is almost unreadable in my google reader. Are you trying to drive traffic to your blog? FYI we live in Sandy, not Draper.

Bob said...

When I email the posts in from work, it posts in whatever color the email is in. I was making it in yellow so it looks right on the blog, guess I'll have to change that. Sorry. I always forget that you live in Sandy, but have to drive through Draper to get there.

Kristin Sokol said...

What about when you visit your brother in Herriman? Where will you stop then?

Team Dr. Cullen. BooYAH!