Friday, November 13, 2009

No more barels?

Listen,
We'll start with the good news first: Today as I was driving to work along I-80 between 1300 East and State Street it hit me... "Where are all the barrels?  They are gone.  It was amazing.  I have driven that strectch 5 times a week since July 2008 and for the first time I did not see a barrel!  The 4 wide lanes are pretty sweet and so is going 74.5 MPH again.  This is really great.  I know thoese barrels will find a new home somewhere else, but I am glad they are no longer there.

Second:  Stupid Country Music Awards on ABC meant my 2 new favorite shows were not on this week.  If you are not watching Modern Family and the Middle you are missing out on some really good stuff.  Why would they show the stupid country music awards???  I mean, who freaking listens to that crap anyway?  I admit, I went through a short country phase when I started dating Hana.  She like the stuff and it seemed to be in my best interest to like it to (if you know what I mean).  It is a preiod of my life that I am not proud of, but oh well.  Stupid county music and stupid fans of country music. 

Third: My company is in the process of condensing from 4 buildings down to 3.  The build that I am currently in had only about 30 employess in it before this all started.  It was nice never having to wait for a microwave, plenty of room in the fridge for stuff and all that.  Now there are way more people here.  I have no idea how many, but yesterday I had to wait for a microwave for over 5 minutes.  It sucks sitting there waiting and smelling all the nasty crap people are heating up.  That and the bathroom is crowded now too.  I don't try to spend too much time in there, but when 2 of the 3 urinals and all three "sit-down-stations" are taken it can make a guy pretty uncomfortable. 

Fourth: I am "on call" this weekend.  Calling it "on call" is a joke because there is always more than enough to do.  Calling it "on call" makes it seem that I may not have to work, but I know I will spend at least 4 to 5 hours this Saturday working.  Last time I was "on call" I worked for 11 hours, yes eleven hours on Saturday.   That is not a fun way to spend the weekend.  Oh well again.

That is all for now.   Go Horned Frogs!!!


2 comments:

Misty Moncur said...

"So you're saying that maybe I didn't leave my wife because she liked country music, but maybe....she left me?" Haha! It takes a special person to like country music.

Dave said...

OMG!! Taylor Swift! That tramp won over all those other hillbillies!

Yeah award shows suck in general, wait until your boys start scouts and you have to endure that awards meeting with the crappy skid about motorcycles and some scout getting beat up in the end. Yeah, but then again we would miss you Brooks and Dunn R.I.P. and What's up with Garth Brooks come back eww! What we need is more South Park.