Thursday, August 28, 2008

Ok Kristin...Star Wars and Wii

Listen,
Nothing beats adoring fans...
So, 2 weekends ago we took Brady to see the new Star Wars: Clone Wars cartoon/movie...
As one who
L O V E S
all things Star Wars, I was so excited to see this movie, especially after seeing the Clone Wars cartoons that were released by the Cartoon Network a few years back. If you have not seen them, you absolutely need, make that NEED to see them...
Anyway... This new movie/cartoon was ok... not great, not terrible, just ok... The script was bad (which in not too un-expected) and they introduced a new "Jar Jar Binks-esque" ultra-annoying character (also not un-expected). I mean, it's worth seeing, but definitely not a must see in the theaters like all other Star Wars movies have been.

The best thing to come of going to see this movie was that Brady is now very much into Star Wars, which is a very good thing. We have watched the cartoon networks Clone Wars cartoons and he watches them with the same awe-struck, mouth-ajar glazed-over look that he used to watch the Baby Einstein shows when he was a wee little tot. It's really fun to watch him get into something that I hold so dear. We have purchased him several sets of the Star Wars Galactic Hero action figures and we have a blast battling the bad guys... Hana isn't a big fan of the guns... the lightsabers are fine, but guns are a different story.

Since my last post I turned the big 30 last Sunday. All in all a great birthday... My parents got me a Wii and everyone else got me Wii accessories. Well, Steve and Kristin got me a Lava Lamp, which is way cool especially because like three days before my birthday I told Hana how much I missed my old Lava Lamp which gave out on me about 5 years ago. Anyway, back to the Wii. I have played Wii before and had a good time, but Hana got me Mario Cart and Madden 2009 and I have played just about every spare minute I have... I'd love to share my fun with you so give me a call or just stop by and we'll Wii. If my blog drops off a bit, it's most likely because I am Wii-ing. HA!!

Oh, and finally, did you see who is going to be on Dancing with the Stars?????

I'll give you 2 hints...


















Ok make that 3 hints...

8 comments:

Kristin Sokol said...

That lava lamp is awesome. No its so awesome. No it's super awesome.

I know how you feel about Brady and Star Wars stuff. I just am delighted when Alyssa tells me she needs a Hello Kitty back pack when she "gets" five and goes to school. A chip of the old block.

Where is the pic of your cake? What the heck? You gotta give credit where credit is due.

Kristin Sokol said...

So I am thinking we should send out a search party for Misty and Dave. Seriously guys...where are you.

I haven't had a comment from them in days.

Kristin Sokol said...

And bob...this post is from last month. I want to be current inside your head. What is swirling today?

Kristin Sokol said...

You gotta go check out Dave's blog. ha ha ha. Only dave could do that...

Misty Moncur said...

Dave and Misty are in boycott of all bloggers who boycott theirs. So, nah.

Dave said...

Maybe we will and maybe we just want pizza. Dear Kristin, Today was goper bashing day at work. I took a large rubber mallot and began to bash gopers I first started in the office begining with the service manager whom neglected to inform me to order some much needed parts to fix a busted gas pump. Then after bashing that gopher some will call customers came up and asked for some stuff, I sugested they get their wants and needs elsewhere but before I could say that I bashed in their brains 'cause I like bustin' heads. Then I went home and ate hobo dinner with Misty. All in all it was a nice day.

Dave said...

That last comment was due to 4 hours of sleep and a 44 oz mountain dew sweet combination for some crazy comments.

Misty Moncur said...

When did you get four hours of sleep? I didn't say you could get no four hours of sleep.

Hey Bob, did the baby get born yet? Did you name him Tampaxton yet?