Sunday, August 10, 2008

I've got a fever...

Listen,
I have been officially diagnosed with Olympic Fever. I can't get enough of them. Today, I found myself choosing trap shooting and Men's Water Polo over the Red Sox vs White Sox game on TBS. I mean it's easy to have OF as I will now refer to it when Misty May-Treanor and Kerri Walsh are trashing Japan in Women's Beach Volleyball, but I mean really...Men's Water Polo...I'm sick. I guess it all started back when the games were in Barcelona, Spain in 1992. I remember games before this, but I think this was the first one I have clear memories of. This was the year of the first "Dream Team" and the teams from the former Soviet Union competed as the "Unified Team". I remember that Coke was giving away Olympic Soundtracks when you sent in so many proofs of purchase, which we of course did. I remember rocking out to Freddie Mercury's "Barcelona"... well maybe rocking out wasn't the most appropriate term.

I do prefer some sports to others. Of course I like the swimming, gymnastics, baseball (which will not be in the Olympics after this year...that sucks), some of the track and field and of course beach volleyball. But there are some that I just don't care much about, but still find myself watching like shooting, regular volleyball, boxing, judo, and fencing. It won't be long before we have No-limit 'Hold 'em, hop-scotch, croquet, and hot dog eating as Olympic events. I would definitely watch croquet and hop-scotch. It just seems like a crime that they are removing baseball, which is actually a real sport that people pay to see even when its not in the Olympics, but events like rhythmic gymnastics and badminton live strong. Oh well, Such is life.




Well I hope you all enjoy the Olympics as much as I do. Go USA especially Misty May-Treanor and Kerri Walsh!!

7 comments:

Dave said...

nothing like a couple of half naked chicks rolling in the sand, oiling, lotioning.

Misty and I watched the men's volleyball game, mostly because we were too lazy to reach for our t.v. remote and change the channel.

I just couldn't get "fired" up over the game. Something sorta freakish and wimpy about a tatooed volleyball player. I did watch Mike Phelps swim and win. Of cource Zach and I watched a little of the women's volleyball too.

Misty Moncur said...

Good thing I'm not a lesbo or else those pictures would do it for me.

I think it wasn't that we were too lazy to reach for the remote as much as it was that we couldn't find it and said dammit at the same time.

Misty Moncur said...

Does anyone else think it's weird that me and Dave are Bob's groupies?

Anonymous said...

Good Call Kristin, couldn't have put it better myself.
-hana-

Bob said...

Apparently some people are too sensitive about seeing world class athletes in their uniforms... sorry to all the guys (and some of you girls too...)

Dave said...

Misty-May's butt crack photo got the boot huh? Sorry about the vacancy of the photos. As far as the athletics of the the Olymipics go, pretty cool stuff.

Misty Moncur said...

I was just reminded why we are your groupies. My kids are driving me nuts, and then I read your comment about world class athletes in the "uniforms" and I'm laughing hard enough to want to keep living. Thanks for the pick-me-up.