Monday, April 27, 2009

Weekend Update...

Listen,

Things have been kinda hectic 'round the household the past few weeks... Lots of projects to keep us occupied.

First off, we purchased a wood swingset/clubhouse/child entertainer from Toys-R-Us a few weeks back. It came in 4 large boxes each full of unlabeled/unmarked wood. Not to mention 4 gallon-sized bags full of screws, bolts, and assorted hardware. It took Hana and me 3 hours to sort and label all the pieces. This inloved measuring each piece and matching it up with measurements and scaled pictures in the instructions. Amazingly enough we only mislabeled 2 pieces which were only different by 1/2 inche in width and 1/4 inch in thickness, so even though they ended up in the wrong spots, they still worked just fine thank you very much... With the help of my dad the 3 of us finished a week ago Satuday (the 18th I believe.) It took the better part of 2 Saturdays and a few hours here and there throughout the week to get it done. Brady loves it and has lots of fun playing on it. I would post pictures, but I am at work and have no access to them. I'll try to get some on here soon... maybe

Second, I found out in early March that my department at RxAmerica was going to be dissolved and incorperated into CVS/Caremark. That meant that my job was no longer going to exist. Forntunatly, most of the other departments are being incorperated into CVS/Caremark. They (the big wigs from CVS/Caremark) told us that we would have the opportunity to apply with other departments and that we would be given "priority" to those posistions that were or would be available. Fortuneatly for me, I found out last week that I would be joinging the Clinical Operations Department doing essentially what I do now. Good news for me... bad news for those of you who enjoyed my blog more when I worked in a retail pharmacy

Third, we had a break in our sprinkler line right after the main sprinker valve. We hired Hana's step-nephew Andrew to dig down and fix it. He had to dig a big freakin' hole about 4 feet deep and 4 feet wide to get down there and replace the valve and pipes. He worked very quickly and was reasonable in his price... if anyone needs any help with sprinkler repairs, I would recommend him to help. Let me know and I can get you his contact information.


Forth, It was my little sisters birthday yesterday... Coming up with a gift idea for the person who literally has EVERYTHING is not an easy task. Hopefully, she has fun painting some sort of ceramic thing at Color me Mine. Happy freakin' Birthday Hay....

I was going to apologize for the length of the post, but why should I? It my damn blog... you should be apologizing to me if you got bored...

1 comment:

Emily K. said...

That's some hole, Bob. YIKES!
I hope the new/same job will work out for you, this job stuff is scary business. Say hi to Hana for me.