Friday, December 5, 2008

5 Guys...

Listen,

I think that I am finally over the loss. I mean really…. I knew going in that BYU had an uphill battle, but I never anticipated that.
Let’s move on and never speak of that game again…. Done and done.

Listen,
I just have a few random things on my mind and I am bored, so here you go.

1. Where is the snow?
2. I filled up my car yesterday for under 16 dollars and the gas light was on… honestly that is something.
3. I am sick of hearing about how much the economy stinks right now. It’s like having a conversation about which BCS bowl game the Utes are going to go to…oh crap…


Listen,
I just have a few random things on my mind and I am bored, so here you go.

1. Where is the snow?
2. I filled up my car yesterday for under 16 dollars and the gas light was on… honestly that is something.
3.

4. We put up our Christmas decorations yesterday. It’s a lot of freaking work to put all that stuff up and I have not even bought or put up Christmas lights yet. …
5. I found out the reason that people have big families… to help rake leaves… Instead of putting them in bags I wish I could just like them on fire.
6. I asked Brady what he wants from Santa Claus last night. Without a moments hesitation or pause to think threw his arms in the air and said (well more like yelled) MORE STAR WARS GUYS!!!! And then he ran around the house for 15 minutes chanting the Star Wars Theme Song. I am so proud.

Now to the important stuff.

We went to the restaurant “Five Guys Burgers and Fries” in Midvale the other night. I honestly have never enjoyed a non-homemade-barbequed hamburger more in my life. It was abso-freaking-lutely amazing. There regular burger is actually a double burger. The small burger is a single burger. The most amazing thing is that their meat actually tastes like meat…. I know what a crazy idea. I never thought there would exist a burger place that I would rather eat at over In-N-Out, but this place is leaps and bounds better. I am not joking. You have to go and try it. They also have fresh-cut skin-on French fries. They serve them plain or with a Cajun-ish seasoning that I thought was pretty good. It made them taste Cajun-y, but it was not overwhelming or too hot… Brady even at them without complaining. The also have a list of condiments you can get on your burger including ketchup, mustard, mayo, sautéed mushrooms, fried onions, A1 sauce, lettuce, tomatoes, pickles, relish, jalapeno peppers, and BBQ sauce. They also have Coke Zero as a fountain option which I appreciate. Also, the men’s room has a diaper-changing station, which is more than I can say for Training Table and Crown Burger (at least the ones that I used to frequent). Notice I said used to frequent… I don’t see any reason to go to either of those places again. If I want a burger I will go to 5 Guys; if I want a Gyro I will go to a Greek place. Sorry Crown Burger and Training Table, I just no longer have a use for you. Now if only they would open a location closer I would be set.

6 comments:

Ryan said...

Hey Bob,
I just use my blower to blow all the leaves into the garden. The neighbors probably hate me because of the noise, but Derek loves to help and I don't have to put the dumb things in bags! We'll have to try out the burger place, it sounds amazing. And in deference to your wishes I won't mention how BYU got their fannies whipped by the Utes ;)

Steve Sokol said...

Have you been to Acme Burger on 2nd South and 3rd West? It is real meat. In fact, when you order, it is almost like being at a steakhouse--requiring lots of decisions. I'd recommend it--except anything beyond the lunch special requires financing. . .

Anonymous said...

it is a SIN aginst the family to not revere In-n-Out as the World's premiere hamburger joint. I have eaten at 5-guys (and still have a bowel blockage from the double burger and 1/2 an order of fries). Your life will be longer (if not, therefore happier) if you never again darken the doors of 5-guys.

Misty Moncur said...

16 bucks, really? Are we talking about a toy car?

Dave said...

We would like to try this amazing hamburger joint. Let's eat. I too am not posting anything about B Y U on account that they do get a bad wrap, losing only two games and T C U is ranked higher? I don't agree with it, hope the UTES get blown out like a snot rocket.

Bob said...

Misty,
Some may call a civic a toy car... I think I had hot wheel cars with bigger engines...
I filled up at Smith's Market Place where I had a 15 cent of per gallon coupon for spending money on groceries there. Gas was posted at $1.53 minus 15 cents equals 1.38 (don't forget the 9/10ths they always have at the end) 1.39 multiplied by 11.5 gallons equals $16. I think my car has a 14 gallon tank, but the light came on while I was going up a big hill...
Either way I'll take it.
If gas had been this cheap over the summer I would have mowed my lawn 3 or 4 times a week