Thursday, June 19, 2008

Sleeping in?

Listen,

So, today was my day to sleep in... Hana and I kind of take turns waking up early with Brady... I guess I shouldn't complain, because even when you have to "wake up early" with Brady, you usually get to sleep until 8 or 8:30, and just watch cartoons on the couch. The one who gets to "sleep in" really doesn't have a limit to their wake-up time, but usually that ends up around 9:30 or 10, but in extreme circumstances I have pushed the envelope to 11:30... this occurs after I've picked up an extra shift and have worked three consecutive 12-hour shifts.


Well today was my day...Hana told me last night that she had to get up early to get ready for a hair appointment so the morning was mine. Well guess what..... I wake up feeling wide-awake and fresh as a summer morn' at 6:30 in the freaking morning!!!!! Why does this happen? I would pay great sums of money to be able to wake up feeling like wide awake and refreshed just once on a day that I had to work. I swear(literally and figuratively), on the days I go to work I stumble out of bed with just minutes to do "the 3 S's" and drive to work half-asleep. It drives me up the wall. This morning I actually had almost 2 hours (before I heard Brady stirring) with the house all to myself... so what did I do??? I played freaking computer games...what a loser. To make matters even worse I took double my usual dose of sleeping pills to ensure a late sleep. Argh!

Anyway, soon enough "Baby Boy #2" (as he is now known) will be here and those sleeping in days will be soon forgotten.

It is going to be tough to beat my activities of my last day off, but I shall try. It is kind of sick how much I actually enjoy mowing my lawn... I guess I feel a bit of pride in keeping my yard looking nice like of one of my favorite cartoon heroes Hank Hill whose lawn is always a work of art. I agree with Hank in most circumstances, but I prefer to grill with charcoal... I'll leave the propane and propane accessories to ol' Hank

Good Morning Now.

2 comments:

Kristin Sokol said...

I don't want to hear your complaints about sleep. After your baby is born, then we can talk.

DO you want to hear my complaints? Okay here goes. Each member of my family woke me up in the night night for special favors. The children woke me twice each. Thanks kids! Thanks Steve (by the way, you are old enough to know better)! Thanks for the great night sleep.


Did you watch Sunday's episode of King of the Hill? It was my personal favorite. Best ever episode in my opinion.

Misty Moncur said...

I zipped over here from Rome if you want to. I'm Dan's sister and (one of) Kristin's best friend(s). I always laugh at your comments, so I thought that gave me the right to look at your blog. But who needs the right, right?