Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Landfill fun

Listen,

So today was an adventurous day... I took a trip to the Salt Lake County Landfill. I needed to get rid of the old carpet and pad that we had replaced since moving into our new place. So this morning, I woke up at the crack or 10 am and started loading the haul into the back of the old X-terra (meaning "former earth") and then set out. Quickly after beginning my trek I realized that I could not see out the back, nor could I see out of the passenger side mirror due to the fact that I had carpet and pad stacked floor to ceiling in all but the driver seat. This made for a fun drive out to 60th West and California Avenue.

When I arrived I got yelled at by the lady at the pay-booth for not stopping at the stop sign so for a second she thought the truck ahead of me weighed over 1 ton. I apologized and said that it was my first trip to the landfill in a long time and she said that it happens all the time and then it struck me... I realized that she probably hates her job more than I hate mine...I mean she works at the freakin' dump...sad.

Not being able to see out of the car expect for my driver side mirror also made backing-up to the drop-off area interesting... damn-near ran some poor guy over...oh well, he looked tired. After his near death experience he actually directed me back into a spot...lucky for me there was a curb that my tires hit, or he may have backed me all the way into the pit...the bastard.

So anyway, that was my un-exciting trip to the city landfill... Now the garage looks nice and clean, well, at least there is no more pile of carpet and pad. Hana worked on straightening-up while I was on my excursion, so it really does look nice.

I also ate lunch at Chipotle today. It is good, but it is not as good as Barbacoa.
Barbacoa's burritos are bigger and tastier. They (Barbacoa) also have the honey-sweet pork which is so amazing... if you haven't tried it I do recommend it. Oh and by the way, those of you who prefer Cafe Rio are just stupid and have very poor taste.

Good Night Now

7 comments:

Heather said...

i'm so on the same page as you with the burritos.... barbacoa is the only way to go... next time you're there will you tell them to open a store in logan?

Steve Sokol said...

Everyone knows Barbacoa is just a cheap rip-off of Chipotle. Or should I say a really overpriced cheap rip-off of Chipotle.

I like the dictionary links.

Kristin Sokol said...

Barbacoa is tastier, but as far as price value, Chipotle beats.

Kristin Sokol said...

Barbacoa's beef is so freakin good, but after it's in my tummy it just burns. Then it burns all the way through...if you know what I mean.

Kristin Sokol said...

This six-year-old kid in my ward gave his testimony about his dad and said his favorite place to go with his dad was Disneyland, and the Dump.

His dad got up and only said. "I could have saved a lot of money."

Kristin Sokol said...

Eating the beef is worth the pain.

Anonymous said...

CAFE RIO IS AND WILL ALWAYS BE BETTER than Barbacoa and Chipotle!