Thursday, July 14, 2011

Unable to quit...

Listen,
I am willing to admit defeat here.  On 6/28/11 I said that I was done with Facebook.  After spending several days of not going to Facebook, I have decided that Facebook plays an integral part of my life.  What drove me back was the following string of events

First, was sharing the following picture with my sister-in-law Kristin:

Second was a comment on said shared picture from my Aunt Joia telling me that she did not want me to quit facebook.  I had no idea she cared.  I was touched.
 
Third, I found this really great quote from Stephen King that I wanted to share:
"Harry Potter is about confronting fears, finding inner strength and doing what is right in the face of adversity. Twilight is about how important it is to have a boyfriend."
 
And to complete the comeback, one of my favorite Brazilian mission companions sent me a friend request.  
 
I know I am leaving myself vulnerable to a lot of “told you so” remarks, but so it goes.  So what I have decided to do is to “clean up” my facebook situation and get rid of all the clutter.  I realize that facebook is as good or bad as you make it and I make it better.



4 comments:

Kristin Sokol said...

Phones are ringing right now all over town. Seriously, a lot of my friends commented to me that they were disapointed you had left us. Beyond what you might think too (more than Dave and Misty). You're mind is too...brilliant not to have a voice on facebook.

Special thanks to Aunt Joia for championing you back.

Bob said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bob said...

Thank you for the kind words sister-in-law.

Misty Moncur said...

No, no. Uh-uh. It was just me and Dave.