Friday, April 30, 2010

Nine Years…

Listen,

 

I graduated from High School in 1996.  I graduated from Pharmacy School in 2005.  That means that it took me nine years to graduate from college.  Granted, I took a couple years off and talked around southern Brasil, but still.  Looking back at those nine years, they seemed to last an eternity (some more than others).  The first years seemed like 7 years and the second year seemed like 5 years.  The third year seemed like 7 years again and the fourth year felt like 8 years.  The fifth year I got married and that seemed like just a year, but then Pharmacy School started later that year and it started seeming like 2 years, so in September of the fifth year it seemed like 2 years spilling into the next year and that started feeling like 4 years.  So at the end of the fifth year and into the sixth year seemed like 5 years.  The seventh year felt like a year and a half.  The eighth year seemed like 1 regular year and the ninth year seems like 2 years too.  So even though it was only 9 years it seemed more like 37.5 years… maybe that is why I feel old.  If you tack those extra 28.5 years on, I turned 60 in February.  It is all starting to make sense now. 

 

Anyway, back to the task at hand.  Nine years.  It was nine years ago today that I spent my last night as a single guy.  That is right, tomorrow is the ninth anniversary of my wedding day; the day that I tricked Hana into marrying me.  She had no idea what she was in for.  Those of you that know me and those of you that know Hana know how lucky I am.  She is truly an amazing person and I am grateful that she puts up with me and all my "me-ness."  Nine years seems like a long time, but we're just getting warmed up.  With baby boy #3 on the way we are ready to tackle yet another adventure together. 

 

I would keep going on and on about how amazing she is, but she never reads my blog (except when I make her read it so she can see how funny I really am), so I won't waste your time…that and I'm hungry.  Off to the vending machines...oh wait, Hana packed me left overs today... 




4 comments:

nlybbs said...

Happy anniversary! Hope you guys have lots of fun and get to go on a date! :O)

Kristin Sokol said...

You are very lucky to have her. On the other hand...she is lucky to have you. It's a good match.

I really enjoyed the breakdown of your years together. Too funny.

Dave said...

We too hit the nine year mark. Makes you feel adult somehow, but none the less congratulations are in order for you both. Enjoy the leftovers! Always tell her, that her cooking is good no matter how much the food tastes like cardboard.

HSBahr said...

When are you going to post something new?