Friday, May 15, 2009

Listen,

My parents bought Brady the absolute coolest toy for his birthday. It’s a Star Wars Galactic Heroes Millennium Falcon. I will not go on and on and on about all the cool features and sounds and everything. You just have to see it to really appreciate how freaking awesome this toy is. What makes it even better is that he absolutely loves it. I thought his love of Star Wars and Star Wars Toys was about at peak possible level… This has taken it to a whole new level.

This got me to thinking. What was the coolest toy I had growing up? What is the coolest toy you ever remember playing with? I can remember several toys that I had growing up that were really cool. Here is a list (in no particular order) of some of the coolest and most fun toys I remember having as a kid:

1. Transformers – especially Optimus Prime and the set of construction vehicles that joined together to form 1 really bid guy. Jeff and I each had some dinosaur transformers that were pretty sweet too.


2. Hot Wheels and Matchbox cars. I could never have too many of them.

3. Robotix - if you don’t know what these are I am sorry
4. M.U.S.C.L.E. men









5. Star Wars Toys in general, but specifically my MircoWorld Hoth and Bespin Sets

6. Atari 2600 – Favorite games: Maze Craze, Missile Command, Joust, and Asteroids

7. My Boglin


8. He-Man and the Castle Greyskull

9. Thundercats action figures.
I know wht you are all thinking, "What a spoiled kid!"
I worked dang hard for all those toys. I deserved each and every one of them.
Thanks mom and dad for being so awesome.

4 comments:

HSokol said...

Sure glad you have me to use for entertainment...I didn't realize Hayley and presents were symonomous... I love the latest posts.

Dave said...

All we got was a big chunk of dirt. Okay not really, but close, I did have the sweetest Dukes of Hazzard collection ever. Daisy Duke's Jeep, Boss Hogg's Caddy and of course the General Lee. Night Rider radio control car that was a sweet one too. Did anyone out there remember the "Armitron" from Radio Shack? That was a fun toy too. I think its good to teach your sons something about classic real toys and not these "new" crap toys.

Misty Moncur said...

I had a Strawberry Shortcake that when you squished her tummy she would breathe out her strawberry breath into your face.

Bob said...

Nothing like that good ol' strawberry plastic smell to start your day... girls have weird toys.